The Primary Care Specialists Nutritional Counseling & Weight Loss Program
Most of today’s chronic health challenges can be influenced by what we eat. Whether your goal is to lose weight, address a health concern such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, and heart disease… or simply live well, the Primary Care Specialists Nutrition Counseling and Weight Loss Program can help you! Primary Care Specialist’s nutrition and lifestyle coaches provide the education and support you need to change old habits and meet personal wellness goals.
“Studies show that dieters are more likely to lose weight and keep it off if they have contact with a weight-loss counselor” -New York Times
[dt_sc_toggle_framed title=”Program duration?”]
4 weeks, consisting of…
- An initial individual assessment
- Workshops each week. (group sessions)
- A class of 10-20 participants
[dt_sc_toggle_framed title=”What goes on?”]
1. In the initial individual session, our professionals will make an assessment of your individual health needs, evaluate your eating and lifestyle habits, then discuss generalized meal planning guidance and how to implement it. Each weekly session, our professionals will start off by obtaining weight measurements, waist measurements, and BMI calculations for each participant, followed up by a group session and work shop.
2. Each group session will have a 30 minute lecture on some aspect of weight management:
- Health consequences of obesity
- Weight loss tips
- Understanding what makes us eat too much
- Understanding calories
- Understanding dietary fats
- Reading and understanding food labels
- Importance of exercise
- How to reduce calories
- Healthy grocery shopping
- Understanding food choices
- Eating out
- Rules of healthy eating
- Healthy, low calorie recipes / recipe modification
- Choosing weight loss products
3. Following each lecture will be a group discussion and work shop lasting approximately 15-20 minutes concerning the lecture presentation. Group discussion will also include successful tips from the participants as well as their frustrations.
4. Lastly, there will be some type of exercise such as neighborhood walking, aerobics, etc., to teach and stress the importance of daily activity. The entire session each week is expected to last 60-90 minutes.
$30 per session (cost covered by most insurances)
[dt_sc_toggle_framed title=”There’s more?”]
YES! Each participant gets a goody bag full of items to help with you new healthy lifestyle. Some of the items will include various samples (such as the Hunger Shield appetite control drink mix), a pedometer, a calorie sheet of common foods, and various low calorie snacks from our sponsors.
[dt_sc_toggle_framed title=”Watch our trailer?!”]
Check us out in action! (below)